Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Music Biz..Today and Tomorrow


Watching tonight's 25th Anniversary of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on HBO, makes me realize the power and the value of music.

As I write this I'm seeing Bono, Springsteen, and Jagger singing together (three citizen poets albeit millionaires) joining together through the power of song to deliver a kick ass performance.

Still, behind each of the great performers/lyricists/musical virtuosos who capture fan adoration are the artists’ accompanists: the managers, agents, publicists, roadies, recording engineers…

Without that team of silent band members… none of our musical stars (of yesteryear, today, and tomorrow) could ever succeed, sustain and entertain.

The cartoon above from Craig Swanson (cartoonist whom I met for the first time yesterday) recognizes and honors those unsung heroes of the music biz.

As I watch this great live performance, I'm very excited to note that new software from companies like Nimbit now can take care of business so musicians can concentrate on what they do best: create and perform great tunes.

Sing on!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your thoughts and comments. Feel free to e-mail me directly: prafter@intrastand.info