Thursday, December 13, 2012

The New LinkedIn Profile : What you'll need to know

LinkedIn is always striving to improve how to improve the network for its members.
With more than 187 million members (as of the end of September 2012), that's a lot of people, a lot of individual people.

While most of us don't like to be 'profiled' by others--- since 2002 the LinkedIn Profile has given professionals in more than 200 countries and territories a "personal billboard" in the cloud, through which we can present ourselves for all to see, pretty much as we'd like to present our personal brand.

The features and capabilities of what we can/can't show on our LinkedIn Profiles has changed over time, and recently LinkedIn has introduced what they call "The New LinkedIn Profile"

While it will take a little time to get familiar with the new format---I see LOTS to like in the new Profile and think you will too!

Rather than go into it here, let me point you to three links from LinkedIn itself (courtesy of Krista Canfield, Senior Manager of Communications at LinkedIn) that do a good job at summarizing what's changed:

  1. Krista's suggestion for the BEST link to "Meet the New LinkedIn Profile"
  2. Beyond that check out Aaron Broznan's October 16, 2012 post on the LinkedIn blog describing how the new LI profile can provide a "Better Way to Connect and Build Relationships"
  3. Last but not least--- for those of us who live and work on our smartphones: here's a video from David Breger on how to "Profile Edit on the Go!"

Now for a Blatantly Commercial Self-Promotion!

I run my communications consultancy (Valuecasters) to help clients to connect and engage with those that matter. Through my business I've taught lots of companies how to leverage LinkedIn to build their brand and drive business development and partnerships for bottom- line benefits. If you're interested in learning if/how I might help you, drop me an email:
prafter@valuecasters.com or check me out on my new LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/patrickrafter/

Gotta practice what I preach!
All the best,
--Patrick (Rafter)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The professional profile is something what which used to make good impacts to your abilities and skills, so one must need to anticipate such ideas in their profile which can give a true story of it. linkedin writer

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your thoughts and comments. Feel free to e-mail me directly: prafter@intrastand.info